Boonville Barn Chile Powder Collection
A jar each of the three main chile powders grown here on our farm - Piment d’Ville, Comapeño, and Poblano.
Our California grown Espelette chile powder, Piment d'Ville, got its name for being the chile powder of Boonville, similar to the French version Piment d'Espelette.
- Notes: Mild heat ~ a little sweet and a little spicy ~ tomato-y
- Use like: black pepper, Piment d'Espelette, paprika, Aleppo pepper, your new go-to spice
- Use on: eggs, avocado toast, roasted chicken, sweet potato fries, and in recipes like Shakshuka, grilled corn with chile lime honey butter, and a chile fruit salad
Comapeño Chile Powder
Hailing from the Veracruz Mountains in Mexico, we’re the only producer of Comapeño chiles in the U.S.
- Notes: Hot heat ~ citrus ~ bright ~ acid
- Use like: Chiltepin or a hot cayenne
- Use on: Comapeño Carne Adovada, Butter-Spiked Beans, Grilled Romano Beans, or salsa macha
- 100% pure California Grown Comapeño Chile Powder
Poblano Chile Powder
Poblano chiles are a classic chile in Mexican cooking. We tried to capture the incredible flavor of roasted poblanos in this chile powder.
- Notes: Mild heat ~ vegetal ~ roasted green chiles
- Use like: Hatch green chile powder
- Use on: Popcorn, Poblano Corn Pancakes, Poblano Mac and Cheese, Avocado Poblano Dressing, roasted chicken
- 100% pure California Grown Poblano Chile Powder
Farm to jar chile powder from the 2020 harvest.
- Farmed with organic growing practices and sun ripened throughout the season, these chiles were hand harvested from August - November 2020
- Store in a cool place out of the sun and heat to retain maximum flavor and freshness
Size: A jar each of California grown Espelette (1.2 oz), Comapeño (1.0 oz), and Poblano (1.2 oz) chile powder
Grown in Boonville, CA on our small, woman-owned farm.