Boonville Barn Chile Powder Duo
Grab a jar each of our two newest chile powders.
Size: One 1.0 ounce jar of California grown Comapeño chile powder and one 1.2 ounce jar of California grown Poblano chile powder.
Grown in Boonville, CA on our small, woman-owned farm.
Comapeño Flavor Profile.
- Notes: Hot heat ~ citrus ~ bright ~ acid
- Use like: Chiltepin or a hot cayenne
- Use on: Comapeño Carne Adovada, Butter-Spiked Beans, Grilled Romano Beans, and this salsa macha
SHU: 50,000-100,000 (twice the heat of Cayenne!)
- 100% pure California Grown Comapeño Chile Powder
Poblano Flavor Profile.
- Notes: Mild heat ~ vegetal ~ roasted green chiles
- Use like: Hatch green chile powder
- Use on: Popcorn, Poblano Corn Pancakes, Poblano Mac and Cheese, Avocado Poblano Dressing, roasted chicken
- SHU: 1,000 - 2,000
- For best results, bloom in oil, fat, or water before using
- 100% California Grown Poblano Chile Powder
Farm to jar chile powder from the 2020 harvest.
- Farmed with organic growing practices and sun ripened throughout the season, these chiles were hand harvested August through November 2020
- Store in a cool place out of the sun and heat to retain maximum flavor and freshness