Arcelia's Mole Kit
Arcelia's mole de pollo is some of the best chicken mole we've ever had. That's why we put together this kit that include *almost* all the ingredients you need to make it. The box includes Boonville-grown chiles from our farm, an incredible mix of spices from Oaktown Spice Shop, and Mexican chocolate from Taza Chocolate.
Arcelia is the wife of our foreman, Nacho, and has been a part of the Boonville Barn team almost as long as Nacho. She was born in Michoacán, Mexico and her mole is influenced as such. She uses Espelette chiles to add richness to the mole, a chile normally not associated with Mexican cooking. While it takes a bit of time to make, this mole really isn't too complicated and you'll be glad you made it.
The Mole Kit is a great gift for your friend who loves to cook, works as the start to a date night, is a fun way to spend New Year's Eve, and is also the perfect box to help teach you how to make mole! There's enough chiles in the box to make this mole a few times and enough spices to make it many more.
The Mole Kit includes:
- 2 oz bag of our Ancho chiles
- 2 oz bag of our Cascabel chiles
- 2 oz bag of our Espelette chiles
- 2 oz bag of our Mulato chiles
- 2.7 oz Mexican-Style Stone Ground Chocolate disc from Taza Chocolate
- 1.1 oz bag of Jamaican Allspice from Oaktown Spice Shop
- .25 oz bag of Turkish Bay Leaves from Oaktown Spice Shop
- 1.4 oz bag of Whole Cloves from Oaktown Spice Shop
- 1 oz bag of Sri Lankan Cinnamon Sticks from Oaktown Spice Shop
- 2.1 oz bag of White Sesame Seeds from Oaktown Spice Shop
- 2 oz bag of Tellicherry Black Peppercorns from Oaktown Spice Shop
- Printed recipe card for Arcelia's Mole de Pollo