Ají Limón Chile Powder
Ají Limón is also known as Aji Lemon, Aji Limo, Lemon Drop pepper, or in it's native Peru as Qillu Uchu. This chile has incredible citrus and hops notes if you can get past its stinging heat. As a note: these chiles need a much hotter climate than we can provide on our farm and we won't be growing it again. Once the 2021 harvest is gone, it's gone!
- Notes: lemony citrus ~ hops ~ the hottest chile on the farm
- Use like: well... probably pretty sparingly. The heat is no joke.
- Use on: ceviche, Peruvian Aji de Gallina, in a fermented hot sauce, or paired with bright, acidic flavors like vinegar, coriander, and garlic.
SHU: The internet will tell you 30,000-50,000 but this is way hotter than our comapeño or any other chile we've grown. Our guess is closer to 100,000.
- 100% pure California Grown Ají Limón Chile Powder
Size: One 0.9 ounce jar of California grown Ají Limón chile powder
Farm to jar chile powder from the 2021 harvest.
- Farmed with organic growing practices and sun ripened throughout the season, these chiles were hand harvested in October and November 2021
- Store in a cool place out of the sun and heat to retain maximum flavor and freshness
Grown in Boonville, CA on our small, woman-owned farm.