Boonville Barn Chile Powder Collection
A jar each of the three main chile powders grown here on our farm - Piment d’Ville, Comapeño, and Poblano.
Our California grown Espelette chile powder, Piment d'Ville, got its name for being the chile powder of Boonville, similar to the French version Piment d'Espelette.
- Notes: Mild heat ~ a little sweet and a little spicy ~ tomato-y
- Use like: black pepper, Piment d'Espelette, paprika, Aleppo pepper, your new go-to spice
- Use on: eggs, avocado toast, roasted chicken, sweet potato fries, and in recipes like Shakshuka, grilled corn with chile lime honey butter, and a chile fruit salad
Comapeño Chile Powder
Hailing from the Veracruz Mountains in Mexico, we’re the only producer of Comapeño chiles in the U.S.
- Notes: Hot heat ~ citrus ~ bright ~ acid
- Use like: Chiltepin or a hot cayenne
- Use on: Comapeño Carne Adovada, Butter-Spiked Beans, Grilled Romano Beans, or salsa macha
- 100% pure California Grown Comapeño Chile Powder
Poblano Chile Powder
Poblano chiles are a classic chile in Mexican cooking. We tried to capture the incredible flavor of roasted poblanos in this chile powder.
- Notes: Mild heat ~ vegetal ~ roasted green chiles
- Use like: Hatch green chile powder
- Use on: Popcorn, Poblano Corn Pancakes, Poblano Mac and Cheese, Avocado Poblano Dressing, roasted chicken
- 100% pure California Grown Poblano Chile Powder
Farm to jar chile powder from the 2020 and 2021 harvest.
- Farmed with organic growing practices and sun ripened throughout the season, the Comapeño chiles were hand harvested in November 2020. The Espelette and Poblano chile powders are from our 2021 harvest.
- Store in a cool place out of the sun and heat to retain maximum flavor and freshness
Size: A jar each of California grown Espelette (1.2 oz), Comapeño (1.0 oz), and Poblano (1.2 oz) chile powder
Grown in Boonville, CA on our small, woman-owned farm.