Yahualica Chile de Arbol Flakes
The original heirloom mother chile of all chile de arbol that is not grown in great quantities anymore since these plants are less productive than other chile de arbol varieties. We might be some of the only folks growing it in the US!
- Notes: citrus acidity ~ fruity ~ malt ~ quicker bright high heat ~ spiciest of our chile flakes
- Use like: chile de arbol, anywhere you want a spicier chile flake
- Use on: salsa macha, marinated steaks, white fish - like in this Citrus and Chile Roasted Fish, or anywhere crushed red chile flakes are called for. We reach for these when we make Chinese and Thai food. Nacho fried his eggs with them.
- 100% pure California Grown Yahualica Chile de Arbol Flakes
Size: One 1.2 ounce jar of California grown Yahualica Chile de Arbol flakes.
*Boon Box Subscribers - this is included in your box!
Curious to try more of what we grow? Check out our Chile Flake Trio, which includes the Yahualica Chile de Arbol Flake.
Prefer whole dried Yahualica Chiles? Grab them here.
Farm to jar chile flakes from the 2021 harvest.
- Farmed with organic growing practices and sun ripened throughout the season, these chiles were hand harvested in the fall of 2021
- Store in a cool place out of the sun and heat to retain maximum flavor and freshness
Grown in Boonville, CA on our small, woman-owned farm.